The initial Class of ’84 gift back to Texas A&M was a Bonfire Endowment Fund. Following the tragic collapse in 1999, bonfire as we knew it ceased to exist. We have worked to determine the best way to use the funds and fulfill the legal obligation to uphold the original intent of the gift. The decision was made that supporting the current and future students and the MSC via a donation to the MSC Building and Renovation Campaign would be a great way to honor the Class of 1984 and the tradition of Aggie Bonfire.
As part of the MSC renovation capital campaign, we have committed to fund one of the 12 pillars in the 12th Man Hall, which will honor our class and the tradition of bonfire. Located at the north entrance of the MSC from Military Walk and the old drill field, this pillar will represent the memory shared by tens of thousands through a beautiful plaque emblazoned with our burning desire to “beat the hell outta t.u.” We ask that you help us show our Class of ’84 Spirit by joining with us in honoring the tradition of Aggie Bonfire by contributing financially to this pillar. Click here to see more photos of the MSC completed renovation.
Will you help us?
With our Class Gift Fund of $116,000 already committed, we need your help to raise $84,000 (whoop!) to reach the $200,000 goal. Gifts may be one-time or made in the form of a Class of ’84 pledge, which may be spread out over three years. Every gift will help to bring us closer to our goal of $200,000!
Why is this important?
Just as we benefited from the generosity of the classes who came before us, this drive gives us the opportunity to help those who will follow. When considering how much to contribute, take time to reflect on the importance of the MSC and remembering and honoring the unique Aggie Bonfire tradition.
How can I give?
There are several ways to give to the Class of ’84 MSC Pillar Campaign.
- By check – Please print and complete a pledge card and return it to the Texas A&M Foundation. Make checks payable to TEXAS A&M FOUNDATION with the “Class of 1984 Gift Fund” written on the memo line.
- By credit card online – You may choose to make a credit card gift online through the Texas A&M Foundation’s online giving site. Under Designations, select “Contribute to a fund not listed online” and enter “Class of 1984 Gift Fund” as the Gift Fund Name or Number.
- By electronic funds transfer – You may also give through automatic bank draft by submitting an EFT Authorization form.
- By using matching gifts – These programs can multiply your gifts substantially. You can check www.matchinggift.com/texasam/ to search for your company and get the forms you need. Please check your company’s eligibility requirements.
- By making a larger gift – There are other methods you can use such as real estate and planned gifts. Please contact David Wilkinson at (979) 845-7609 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return your check, pledge card, or EFT Authorization form to:
Texas A&M Foundation
401 George Bush Drive
College Station, TX 77840-2811
Texas A&M Foundation contact:
Cindy Munson ’99, Director of Development for Student Affairs
email@example.com | (800) 392-3310 or (979) 845-8163